Monday, July 27, 2009

I thwacked balls at the Interbay driving range

From K

What to do on a balmy evening during this endless summer? Hit the range.

J, my hubby, doesn't suggest outings all that often, content with letting me plan most of our adventures. So when he pitched a trip to Interbay Golf Center I was happy to indulge him. Plus, I'd been meaning to check out this spot between Queen Anne and Magnolia forever (FYI, there's a Red Mill Burgers outpost nearby on West Dravus if you get a craving for milkshakes or onion rings :)

First off: Who knew the range was so fancy? Some of the stalls are even heated, which means we've got a fun spot to visit come fall and winter (and oftentimes, spring).



We bought a medium-sized bucket of balls (about 20 minutes' worth between two), rented some drivers and found a good spot (all this for less than two movie tickets). Thwack. Thwack. Thwack...



Super relaxing, although I really need to go in for a quick lesson to refresh my swing. Methinks a night of driving range, mini golf and a trip to their espresso bar or the nearby Red Mill could make a fun first date. Or 400th date ;)

I joke that golf could easily become my next obsession due to all the fun equipment you get to shop for. Such adorable clothes. More shoes. Those funny club covers (saw one that looked like Yoda!). Look at the pretty golf balls they have for mini golf! Had no idea they came in Easter egg tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment