Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I got married in Bastyr University's Chapel!

From K.

You never really know where life is going to take you.



Case in point: Just a few short weeks ago, I found myself in a pair of Champagne satin peeptoes, on my brother's arm, clicking along the gleaming marble aisle of a former cathedral set in the midst of Saint Edwards Park in Kenmore. The string trio swelled into song and I tried to see the faces in the pews, faces I love. But I reserved most of my attention for the tall, dark and handsome man waiting in the endzone of the football-field length of church.

We're blessed in the Northwest with so many gorgeous places to wed. I've wept over weddings at the Seattle Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park, at Pier 66, at the arboretum, at a country club in Richmond, B.C., at the Hollywood Schoolhouse in Woodinville, at a church near Green Lake. I hope to someday attend a wedding at the Olympic Sculpture Park, which is jaw-droppingly gorgeous as the ferries lumber by in Summer. But there's nothing quite like the thrill of being the one in the white dress, taking the hand of the man you love, realizing that he and you are only for each other in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment