Thursday, August 13, 2009

I made the easiest dinner ever

From K.

Hubby J and I were exhausted last night despite it only being Wednesday. After our record-setting sunny summer here in Seattle I fear I have become solar activated, and energetic only when the yellow orb hangs in the sky. This could be a problem come winter, and even now on this rainy week.

I decided last night we needed some sunshine, even if we had to eat it. Pasta is a great go-to on weary days, so I hit Metropolitan Market for some of my favorite Cucina Fresca pasta (few ingredients, good taste), fresh corn and heirloom tomatoes. I don't think I've ever spent $8 on tomatoes before!


Some of the beauts

Took 10 minutes to pull it all together. Boil water, drop in the husked corn and lower to a simmer with lid on for five minutes. Boil water, drop in pasta, cook for four minutes. Dice those luscious tomatoes, drop into heated pan with a swirl of extra-virgin olive oil and sautee with some salt and pepper. Assemble. Eat. Enjoy.



Real tomatoes are filled with sunshine. And soon, so were we.

No comments:

Post a Comment